I've been racking my brain trying to figure out how to begin my blog but I just haven't been able to come up with anything witty or soulful so I'm just going to chatter. I'm opening a HUGE chapter in my life and I thought about starting back journaling and thought, well maybe I'll blog....and here we are.
I'm currently 10 days away from the wedding....yeesh! I can't help but to think back over the last few months of just how crazy things have been. We got engaged on New Years Eve and things have just flown by ever since. At the end of January I quit my job in Natchitoches that I really really loved and moved back home to work at a hotel there, it was really great being back home and getting to spend time with my parents but the job was everything less than great and I missed my love terribly. In May I found myself miserable and I prayed...a lot, I asked God to show me where he wanted me and give my life his direction. Then my love got a job 3 hours away (the perfect job for him!) and I worried and worried about how we would make it work until the wedding so, I prayed some more and then a little more and then finally decided that I needed to take a leap of faith and trust that the good Lord would provide for me.
I gave notice at my job and trusted that God would take care of me and boy did he, later in the week I got a phone call about a job that was perfect for me and just happened to be in the same town as my fiancee's! Things began to move even faster and now here we are, both with jobs that we absolutely love, getting married in a week and a half and buying our first house!
It's been really difficult moving 3 and a half hours away from my parents and trying to balance life and make my mark in our new town. I've also had a lot of anxiety about becoming a wife and hoping and praying that I'll be great at it. Thus, the name of my blog, Becoming Sara Thomas....
Spring Break
3 months ago


No comments:
Post a Comment