Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Sweet Baby Thomas!




Today was definitely the second most exciting day of my life (the first being my perfect wedding day) and I could not be more thrilled to announce that:


Our ultrasound appointment was at 10:00 am and we got there just a few minutes early, immediately we were called to the back and the ultrasound process began. I laid back on the table while Hubby stood at my side and our technician smeared jelly all over my belly. She began to move the wand around and within seconds she said "It's a Girl!" I started crying tears of joy that would not stop and finally looked over at the sweet baby girl's daddy who was beaming. He squeezed my hand and we smiled at each other. The technician showed us sweet baby girl's legs (long just like Momma and Daddy's) her sweet foot and a VERY precious profile picture where if you look closely, you can see her tiny little hand.

Sweet Girl's little face!

Her tiny foot!

All curled up in Momma's Belly!
 I composed myself enough to make it out of the doctor's office and the tears began to flow. The buildup of the reveal and the excitement of finding out that I will be a Momma to the sweetest and prettiest (my opinion of course) little girl totally overwhelmed me and by the time we made it to the truck Kendall hugged me and asked if I was OK. I told him that I was just really really excited and told him that even though she wasn't a boy they would still go hunting together and he could teach her how to play basketball! I continued to cry and remembered that I still had to order flowers to send to our Moms revealing who Baby Thomas is!
Yesterday I made plans with Shannon and Ashley who work with our Moms to take pictures when they got the flowers! I sent each of them a beautiful spring bouquet with a card that read "Tiaras, Tea Parties & Tutus!" It was a sweet way for them to find out at the same time since we could be at both places at once.

Finding out who our sweet baby is has made everything real for us. I am truly grateful for this wonderful gift and I'm absolutely certain that I was put on this earth to be a Momma!!!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I love how you told your mothers - very nice idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Carl wanted a boy soooooo bad! He was disappointed when at 31 weeks we found out we were having a girl. Now that sweet blonde hair, blue eyed beauty has us all wrapped and he can't imagine her ever being born a boy :)

    ReplyDelete