It wasn't until I got into a few years of being a Momma myself that I really learned the true value of having a Momma that prays by being a Momma that prays.
There are many days when all I can do is pray for my girls during times of sickness, misbehavior, or trouble at school and have faith that God will answer those prayers with the way He sees fit. I'm so grateful that I had a Momma that prayed probably very similar prayers over my sisters and I when we were little and continues to pray for us through adulthood.
Now that my sisters and I are older, getting married, having kids and becoming the prayer warrior for our own families, I can feel so many of those prayers that she would tell me she was praying come to fruition now and I can see it in my sisters too. We are becoming strong women who love & trust in God because she prays for us, has great faith and lives out that example for us.
When my days are long and hard as a Momma, all I have to do is look at the road that I've traveled and see all of the things God has done in my life to guide and protect me. I look at my two little girls (4 & 1) and think about what their life ahead of them is like. What trials will they face? What heartaches will they know? How can I as their Momma prepare them? I often pray for guidance to parent each of them to fit their personality but also to prepare them for the road God has ahead of them. I have faith that if I pray for these girls without ceasing and trust the Lord, he will continue to guide me and they will know they are loved by a God that loves unconditionally.
Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.


That's a great legacy...
ReplyDelete