Happy 27th Birthday to my sweet husband!!!
Somewhere around this time 2 years ago I was blessed with the most wonderful man that a girl could ask for. He is sweet and kind and truly the most self-less person that I know. He is a true outdoorsman and has me out doing things that I never thought I would. He has a heart of gold and a sense of humor that can make me laugh even in my worst of moods. He has the soul of an old man and likes the way things were "way back when" even though he was there. He's so incredibly smart and the person that I always go to for advice, he has the most honest way of putting things. He takes care of me and spoils me to death, there is not one thing that I have ever wanted that he didn't make sure happened for me. He is my soulmate.
They always say that it's when you finally stop looking for true love, that's when it happens.....it was no doubt the last thing that I wanted to hear but it's true. I was just shy of turning 23 when I finally decided that I didn't need a boyfriend to make me happy, I had very wonderful fun friends that were great to me (and still are to this day). I went a few weeks with my newfound freedom and felt like the most independent lady ever. It was a really great feeling, finally deciding to be single rather than settling for it.
One night one of my very good friends was telling me about one of her friends who had a guy friend that had a cute roommate (confused?? I was too!) So we decided that we should go out to Antoons (if you ever went to college in Natchitoches, you've been there and if not you missed out) so we went and sat on the patio to chat and sip our beverages. We were having a really great time when one of the girls saw another one of the guys and said " Oh Sara, He's cute you could date him" All of the sudden the guy drunkenly grabs one of the chairs and throws it across the patio....I politely looked at her and said "No thank you, I'll pass"
After the chair chaos, here comes this sweet looking boy slowly walking toward the patio to see what all the commotion was about (he had on jeans, boots, a t-shirt and a baseball cap, laid back country boy......totally cute and totally my type!) He made his way over to the group and sat down in one of the empty chairs and of course, it was broken..so he wobbled around in it until he got steady and then, the most amazing thing happened.....he smiled. I know, it's cheesy but that was the cutest smile I had ever seen. I remember it to this day and I still see it every now and then but usually when I've done or said something dumb, crooked to one side where it makes him have one dimple but it still shows his pretty teeth. I was totally and completely hooked.
For some reason, I cannot for the life of me remember the first time that I ever met anyone of my friends, except Kendall. I even remember exactly what he was wearing. It's so weird but it's really cool. I have to think that somehow my heart knew he was the one and my mind knew to soak that moment up. As time went on I learned more and more about him, not finding one thing wrong with him or anything I didn't like about him. He quickly became my very best friend, the one I wanted to call when I was having a horrible day, when something really great happened and also just when I wanted to talk. Slowly but surely, I fell in love with the sweet country boy who just happened to show up at the right place at the right time.



No comments:
Post a Comment