Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, July 29, 2011

Just a little bit closer

Time for Hadley Kate to make her arrival is ticking much quicker than I could have ever imagined. It really seems like just last week I found out I am going to be a Mom and just yesterday that I found out I am going to be a Mom to Hadley. Since having some more painful than usual contractions one night last week, I have been in serious cleaning and organizing mode. The thought of her deciding to make a surprise appearance and not having everything just so has been making me crazy. There was one morning in particular that I woke up at 5:00 am because there were towels that needed to be washed. My husband thinks I am going crazy and I'm beginning to agree!
Thankfully Hadley's room is complete with the exception of finding the perfect nightstand to go beside her rocker but that can wait for the time being. Her hospital bag is packed and every blanket and stitch of clothing has been washed and put away. I'm still gathering things as I think of them for my hospital bag and the hubs can pack in the blink of an eye.
Wednesday I made a trip to meet my baby sister (she's not really a baby since she just turned 20 but she's the baby to our family) for some shopping and catching up. It's rare that I get to spend time with only one of my two sisters so this was a special treat to hear what's going on in her life. Before getting to be HUGE pregnant, I could shop like a pro but my how things have changed. I realized quickly that Rachy Rae was slowing her pace so I could keep up and making frequent stops for me to rest.
Needless to say I'm still recovering from the shopping trip and had every intention of doing a post on Hadley's Nursery but I'm thinking that will probably happen early next week so be on the lookout for that!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see her nursery. I bet it is so very cute!!!

    ReplyDelete