Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Weekly update-- 1 week old

•Weight: 8 lbs 3oz- You are one ounce shy of your birth weight! It normally takes babies two weeks to get back up to their birth weight but you almost did it in a week! Dr. said you are a picture of health!

•Height: 20 1/2 inches

•Nicknames: Baby Girl (Daddy) BooBoo (Momma) HK(Everybody)

•Wearing mostly newborn clothes because you will grow out of them so quickly and some 0-3 month
•You are happiest in the mornings after you are fed, you love to open your eyes big and look around, you smile in your sleep and make the funniest little faces

•You absolutely hate having your diaper changed and scream at the top of your lungs

◦You love being held and cuddled and most of the time have to sleep on someone's chest, we are all taking turns but you have slept in your bassinet and swing a few times

•You are taking 3oz of formula every 3 hours, on the dot. You do not miss a meal!

•Anytime you are upset we can normally calm you down by talking to you and holding your hand

•Your left eye has a clogged tear duct so we are massaging it and putting ointment in it three times a day

•You pick your head up and look around, everybody is always so shocked that you can do that, you are so strong and already in such a hurry to grow up and be a big girl!

•You have the most lady-like baby burps of any baby I've ever seen

•You love having your hands up by your face and putting them in your mouth, we have seen you sucking your thumb twice (Yikes!) and you really don't have a huge interest in your paci

•You like to rub your feet together and don't like wearing socks, you always kick the right one off! You have to have your feet hanging out of your blanket so we have to modify our swaddling






Sweet girl, we are enjoying every single minute of you. I still can't believe that you lived in my body for 9 months. I am so thankful that God chose us to be your parents because you are the sweetest baby and have already made our lives so much richer. I am so excited to watch you grow up and see the little lady that you become but I want it all to happen very slowly. You are a little over a week old and time has flown by. I looked at some of the pictures that we took at the hospital and just started bawling because you have already grown and changed so much. I love watching you sleep because I can tell you are dreaming some big dreams, your little face lights up and you smile, it's the sweetest moment for me. I hope that you make those dreams happen for you someday, whatever they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment