Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Ramblings...

There are days that it blows my mind that in eleven short weeks I will be a Mom. I will watch my sweet little girl grow and learn new things, take care of her when she is sick, send her off for her first day of school,  listen to her boy problems when she is in older, go prom dress shopping, help her choose a college and a career and one day watch her marry the man that adores her. I think so much about my own Momma and how she carried me and felt my kicks and dreamt of who Sara Elizabeth would be just like I dream of Hadley Kate. I haven't even met this little girl yet and I love her in a way that I've never loved anyone. I would give my own life for her and I've never even looked into her eyes. I have a whole new understanding of how much my mother really means it when she says she loves me and only wants the best for me. I only hope that my little girl will love me and look up to me as much as I have my Momma.

I am probably most excited about seeing Kendall with his little girl and watching him fall in love with her everyday. He will love and adore her and she will love and adore him. He spoils me to death and is so thoughful and I can't wait to see him be the same way with Hadley. There is no other relationship like the one that a little girl's with her daddy. I think of how my Daddy has always been patient and sweet with us and Kendall shares so many of his characteristics.

We have conversations often of who this little girl will be and who she will look like. Will she be shy like  her Momma or outgoing and funny like her Daddy? Will she be bossy and demanding like me or easygoing and self-less like him? We are so excited to meet this blessing that God has given us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment