A year ago today I was surrounded by 6 of the most beautiful girls that meant the world to me along with my parents who had given me all of the love in their hearts. I spent most of the day crying because I was so overcome with emotion and couldn't believe that not only had this amazing man picked me but we were about to vow to spend the rest of our lives together. My wedding day had finally arrived and all I wanted was to see that handsome fella standing at the end of the aisle waiting for me.
Our wedding was everything that I dreamed it would ever be and much more. My sweet Momma had so many little surprises planned out for me and she made the day so special. I tried to soak in every single moment because I knew I would never get this day again.
Everything was perfect.
If you had stood before me on my wedding day and told me that how much my life would change in one short year, that on my first anniversary I would be 9 months pregnant with a daughter and preparing for her arrival, I would have laughed at you.
Although we have dealt will challenges over the past year, it's been the best year of my life and I am so thankful that God chose this man to be the one by my side everyday. Our ability to rally together and get through the tough stuff and compromise even when we both want our way has been God's blessing to our marriage. I've heard that the first year of marriage is the hardest but I have a feeling that won't be true for us, the first year has been a breeze, it's the second that is going to send us for a loop :) but I'm excited to see how we handle it. I've been blessed with the kindest and most selfless man I've ever met and he just so happens to make me laugh every day, I think I did pretty good!!
If you are reading this blog post I ask one simple thing, please say a prayer that we can continue to love and like each other every day and have many more wonderful years together.


Happy Anniversary!
ReplyDeleteThis next year with a new baby will bring more challenges than you can even imagine. Continue to love each other, make time for each other, meet each others needs and remember that your marriage is your number one priority. Sweet Hadley Kate certainly needs you more over the next year than she will her entire life but the thing she needs most are parents who love God, love each other, stay together and parent her the best they can.
I'm so happy to see the way God brought Kendall to you at the perfect time and know that Hadley Kate will be just another blessing to you.
Happy anniversary and prayers for many more!
ReplyDelete