This is something that I have been researching pretty much since day one. I wanted to make sure that I had all of the essentials and nothing was left out. I packed my bag at 36 weeks because my worst case scenario was having my mom or mother in law having to pick out my pajamas, underwear and all of the other things I needed!
For Me I packed:
- Nightgowns- I packed 3 because I'm not sure what I will feel like wearing- one was a really great nursing top nightgown that I'm sure I will love!
- Nursing Bras- I packed two in different sizes because I've never done this before and I'm not sure how out of control the girls will get :)
- Disposable Nursing Pads- I bought the Johnson's Brand
- Pillows for Hubby and me- on our hospital tour the Nurse told us that theirs are really flat and covered in plastic and good pillows are top on the priority list for both of us for a good night's sleep
- Camera with completely empty memory card and extra batteries
- Socks
- Robe- to wear when company comes
- Baby Book- to have her hand and footprints put in and for any last minute thoughts I want to put in there!
- Boppy Pillow

- Toiletries- Travel Size Shampoo and Conditioner, Body Wash, Mouthwash, Toothbrushes and Toothpaste, Deodorant, Lotion, Facial Cleansing Wipes and Contact Stuff for Hubs
- Hair Dryer
- Dry Shampoo
![]() |
| My All Time Fave! |
- Hairbrush
- Make-up- because I definitely don't want pictures of me without any!!!
- Chapstick
- Ponytail holders for labor and probably after
- Comfortable Maternity Dress and flip flops to wear home
- Towels for both of us because I've heard the Hospitals weren't great
- Going home outfit that me and my two sisters wore home form the hospital
- Three outfits to wear in the hospital
- Monogramed Diaper Cover- because really every little girl should always have diaper covers!
- Pacifiers (I think I packed two different kinds because I wasn't sure which she will like)
- Monogramed Bib to wear with her going home outfit
- Pretty Pink flower bow to wear with her going home outfit (IF she has hair- praying she does!!)
- Two recieving blankets
- Blanket that her Daddy was brought home from the hospital in
- Diamond cross necklace from her Great Grandma- not sure if she will wear it but we will definitely have pictures made with it
- Ruffle socks
- No-scratch mittens
- Burp Cloths
- Crochet Shoes to wear with Going Home Outfit




Pillows are definitely a necessity. I would also pack an extra blanket for your husband because hospital rooms are so cold! I did not use my Boppy or nursing bras and pads until we were home because they weren't really necessary until my milk came in.
ReplyDeleteWe also brought portable speakers for our iPhones so I could listen to music while I was in labor. Pajamas for your girl are also nice! I only got to wear one of my own nightgowns in the hospital because they wanted me in a hospital gown the rest of the time. But every place is different!
Flip flops for the shower! The showers grossed me out at both hospitals so they were a necessity for me.
ReplyDeleteAlso, if you a labor for a while, you will be starving and possibly get the shakes soon after you deliver. Be sure to have some nabs of some sort in your bag because it tends to take them a while to get food to you. I only ate two of them but it kept me from shaking so bad.
I must say I love the name Hadley, that's my daughter's name! This is the first I have ever heard of it other than her's.
ReplyDeleteGood luck to you!