One of my favorite ever pizzas is from Sonny's Pizza in Vidalia- The Taco Pizza and man have I had it on my mind lately wishing that someone around Bossier had something similar when I thought, you know I can make SOMETHING like it! I documented my recipe by photos (Hubby asked why I was taking pictures and I told him "Well, I want to post it on my blog" which he replied with rolling eyes and walking away, he's not on the blog bandwagon yet) ANYWAY, I came up with this recipe by expanding on a taco ring recipe that I have used in the past- Super Yummy!!
Ingredients: This was prepared for 2 so you can double it for a family
1 can crescent rolls
1 lb ground beef
1 packet of Taco Seasoning
1 can refried beans
1 package of shredded cheese (Mexican blend)
Shredded lettuce
diced tomatoes
sour cream
I started off by browning the ground beef then draining it and adding the taco seasoning and water and let the flavors meld. I set my oven to 350 Degrees.
Next I spread out the crescent rolls in a square (I always cover my cookie sheets with aluminum foil because it makes clean up SO EASY!! I have also found the new non-stick Reynold's wrap and I'm hooked)
I spread refried beans on top of the crescent rolls (I found that using the back of the spoon made it a lot easier to spread, you can also put sour cream over the refried beans) After the taco meat is ready I layered that on top of the crescent rolls and popped it in the oven for about 5 minutes.
Right before the crust was ready I topped the pizza with cheese and put it back in the oven for another minute and then again when I pulled it out (we LOVE cheese)
I cut the pizza into rectangles and topped with all of the goodies.
This was a very easy and yummy supper. When asked to rate the dish Hubby gave it a 6 (which is really high for him- since a 10 is the best meal we'll EVER eat) It's something that I'll definitely do at least once every few months and will be a great meal when we have a little one!


No comments:
Post a Comment